Hat-Trick is a community sport initiative for people in the most deprived areas of Newcastle Upon Tyne.
The aim of the programme is to facilitate members of the community to engage in sports and activities at venues near to home.
- Uses sport to unite and empower communities
- Target specific groups to reduce social exclusion
- Reduce inequalities in health
- Provide safe, high quality, minimal cost, inclusive, accessible, activities for people
- Work in partnership with the local community and other services
- Encourage young people (particularly NEET) to volunteer, gain qualifications, improve their outcomes and become role models to the younger participants.
- Create a pathway for players and volunteers to further opportunities